And Objects Ltd is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. The And Objects team members are customers themselves of other Internet sites and fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks or where we have your express permission to do so.
IS IT SAFE TO ORDER ONLINE?
It's safer than it's ever been. We use one of the most secure online ordering systems on the market and are constantly researching and improving our software to make sure we offer the highest possible security at all times. We utilise industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name, address and other critically sensitive information like your credit card details. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the event someone else intercepts it. This technology includes the following features:
- Authentication - this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server and that the server is secure
- Encryption - this encodes the data so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server
- Data Integrity - this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or any of your personal information to any third party (excluding partners from whom you may have linked to our site) without your permission.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHY
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile)
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information)
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our site
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent
WHAT DO WE USE THIS PERSONAL DATA FOR?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team. To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order)
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us)
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that And Objects sells or buys any business or assets.
- If And Objects or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of And Objects, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
CHECKING YOUR DETAILS
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to And Objects or have this data deleted, you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us, then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit And Objects by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this Website or number of purchases made as required by our investors. We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this Website on our behalf using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors' screen settings and other general information. And Objects uses and stores this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SEEING ADVERTS FOR AND OBJECTS ONLINE
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target And Objects advertisement banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of And Objects (for example, your And Objects search history, and the content you read on And Objects) or on And Objects banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
When someone visits www.andobjects.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our email newsletters, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-mails. For more information, please see MailChimp's privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting us, using the details below.
And Objects Limited (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to access the information which And Objects holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the regulations.
You can either contact email@example.com or, write to us at:
And Objects Web Team
First Floor, Chelsea Reach,
79-89 Lots Road
London, SW10 0RN
AND OBJECTS Ltd
First Floor, Chelsea Reach
79-89 Lots Road
CUSTOMER SERVICE HOURS
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
T: +44 (0)20 7427 6059